bible study

Chapter 38 What Does the Book of Life Say?
manager 21-09-25 23:08 3,174 hit

The Church of God has created a book called the Book of Life. Its purpose is to record the names and serial numbers of its baptized members. It claims that just as we are registered in the civil registry and given a social security number when we are born into this world, we should have a life number recorded when we are baptized and born again. The reason the Church of God created the book of life is because of the evidence of the Bible.

[Philippians 4:1 ] And, my true partner, I ask you to help them. These women have worked together with me and with Clement and with the others in spreading the good news. Their names are now written in the book of life.

[Revelation 3:5] Everyone who wins the victory will wear white clothes. Their names will not be erased from the book of life, and I will tell my Father and his angels that they are my followers.

The Church of God claims that the things of this earth are a model and a shadow of the things of heaven, and insists that there should be the book of life on earth just as there is the book of life in heaven. So, what is the book of life?

The Bible testifies that the names of those who are being saved are written in the book of life, but that does not mean that there is no separate book of life as the Church of God claims. The fact that names are written in the book of life means that the conditions of salvation for the saints who will be saved are specifically prophesied in the Bible, not that there is actually a book of life. Therefore, if you do not follow the standards of the Bible, you cannot be saved. In conclusion, the book of life referred to in the Bible refers to the Bible itself.

[John 5:39] You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me,

Joshua said that the way to eternal life is in the Bible, and to have eternal life, you must believe Joshua, who was witnessed by the Bible. Therefore, the Bible is the book of life. The Bible predicts the conditions of salvation for those who will be saved and writes that those who fulfill its prophecies will have life. So how do you get life?

[Genesis 2:7 ] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

God has said that in order for us to be living spirits, we must receive breath from God. Therefore, unless we receive breath from God, we have no life. So what does breathing mean? The Bible writes about this:

[Ezekiel 37:5~14] Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: ....(14) And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

In the above passage, verse 5 says that God breathes life into the dead and brings them back to life. However, verse 14 says that God gives God's Spirit to the dead and makes them alive. Therefore, breath refers to God's Spirit, and to receive life, we must receive God's Spirit. Those who receive the Holy Spirit receive life from God and can become priests to serve God.

[Isaiah 61:1~6] The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners....(6) And you will be called priests of the LORD, you will be named ministers of our God. You will feed on the wealth of nations, and in their riches you will boast.

Those who receive the Spirit of God and receive life realize that their names are written in the book of life (the Bible). Therefore, those who receive the Holy Spirit have life. Those who follow the flesh are recorded as dead, and those who follow the Spirit are recorded as living in the Book of Life (Bible). And they will be judged according to their deeds.

[Revelation 20:12] And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

Everyone born into this world will be judged according to their works as recorded in the Bible, so the Bible is like a spiritual scale on which salvation is weighed. Sinners who worship idols or engage in evil behavior will be judged according to the standards of the Bible.

[Zechariah 5:1~5] When I looked the next time, I saw a flying scroll, and the angel asked, "What do you see?" "A flying scroll," I answered. "About thirty feet long and fifteen feet wide." Then he told me: This scroll puts a curse on everyone in the land who steals or tells lies. The writing on one side tells about the destruction of those who steal, while the writing on the other side tells about the destruction of those who lie. The LORD All-Powerful has said, "I am sending this scroll into the house of everyone who is a robber or tells lies in my name, and it will remain there until every piece of wood and stone in that house crumbles."

Therefore, the book of life that the Bible testifies is the Bible itself. Those who repent and receive the Holy Spirit are those whose names are written in the book of life. If you do not receive the Holy Spirit, your sins will not be forgiven and you will be judged for your sins. Therefore, we must repent and receive the Holy Spirit, the gift of the forgiveness of sins.

[Isaiah 59:20~21] The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins," declares the LORD. "As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever," says the LORD

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.