bible study

Chapter 44 The Bride of the Lamb Heavenly Jerusalem
manager 21-09-25 23:00 3,420 hit

The Bible testifies that the Lamb has a bride. But here the Lamb is a metaphor for Yehoshua. Generally speaking, if you are a bride, you would imagine the bride you will meet at your wedding. But the bride in the Bible does not refer to a specific woman. So who is the Bride of the Lamb? To this, John testified:

[Revelation 21:9~10] One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb." And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

John sees in the revelation that there is a bride of the Lamb. This refers to the city of Jerusalem that came down from God. Then who is the bride of the Lamb, the city of Jerusalem in heaven, which John saw in the book of Revelation? The city of Jerusalem as seen by John is as follows.

[Revelation 21:9~24] One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb." And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel. There were three gates on the east, three on the north, three on the south and three on the west. he wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls. The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadiain length, and as wide and high as it is long. He measured its wall and it was 144 cubits thick, by man's measurement, which the angel was using. The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of pure gold, like transparent glass. I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it.

The characteristics of the heavenly Jerusalem, the wife of the Lamb, that John saw are summarized as follows.

1. It had a large and high wall and had three gates on the east, west, north, south, and east sides. There were twelve doors in all, and the names of the twelve apostles were engraved on each door.

2. Since the city is a square, the width, length, and height were 12,000 stadia each. For reference, one stadia is about 178m.

3. The wall was 144 cubits thick, a unit of measure used in ancient Egypt and Babylon, and a cubit is about 50 centimeters.

4. The city had twelve pillars on which to stand. Each foundation stone was laid with a variety of precious stones, including jasper, sapphire, agate, crimson agate, and topaz.

5. The city did not have a temple built as a building. God and the Lamb were the temple.

The wife of the Lamb that John saw is the city of Jerusalem. It can be seen that the city of Jerusalem is a huge cube of 12,000 stadia, each measuring 2,136 km in width, length and height. And the wall of 144 cubits is 72 meters thick, and it is a strong wall that no one can break through. This massive castle has 12 gates and 3 gates are designed north, south, east and west. And the twelve foundation stones laid for the erection of the wall pillars were made of various precious stones. So what does this mean? The city of heaven shown to John is in the shape of a cube with the same width, length, and height, which symbolizes the Most Holy of the earthly temple.

[1 Kings 6:19~20] He prepared the inner sanctuary within the temple to set the ark of the covenant of the LORD there. The inner sanctuary was twenty cubits long, twenty wide and twenty high. He overlaid the inside with pure gold, and he also overlaid the altar of cedar.

The fact that the city of Jerusalem in heaven has the shape of a cube and the width, height, and length are the same reflects the appearance of the Most Holy in heaven where the throne of God is. And the twelve gates of the city indicate that you can enter the kingdom of heaven only through the twelve apostles who represent the twelve tribes of Israel. The 12 foundation stones laid for the pillars of the temple also symbolize the 12 apostles, and the 12 apostles symbolize the 12 tribes of Israel. Thus, the fact that one pillar is 12,000 stadia indicates that each tribe consisted of 12,000 men.

[Revelation 7:4~8] Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel. From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben 12,000, from the tribe of Gad 12,000, from the tribe of Asher 12,000, from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000, from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000, from the tribe of Simeon 12,000, from the tribe of Levi 12,000, from the tribe of Issachar 12,000, from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000, from the tribe of Joseph 12,000, from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

The 144,000 represent the 12 tribes of Israel, each of which is made up of 12,000 people. And the fact that the wall is 144 cubits means that the city of Jerusalem in heaven is not an actual city, but a metaphor for the 144,000 saved saints.

Also, if you look at the city of Jerusalem built in heaven, 12 foundation stones were laid to build the pillars. These stones consisted of various gemstones such as jasper, sapphire, agate, ruby, and topaz. So what does this mean? This shows the breastplate of judgment used by the high priest when he judged Israel.

[Exodus 28:15~21] "Fashion a breastpiece for making decisions--the work of a skilled craftsman. Make it like the ephod: of gold, and of blue, purple and scarlet yarn, and of finely twisted linen. It is to be square--a span long and a span wide--and folded double. Then mount four rows of precious stones on it. In the first row there shall be a ruby, a topaz and a beryl; in the second row a turquoise, a sapphire and an emerald; in the third row a jacinth, an agate and an amethyst; in the fourth row a chrysolite, an onyx and a jasper. Mount them in gold filigree settings. There are to be twelve stones, one for each of the names of the sons of Israel, each engraved like a seal with the name of one of the twelve tribes.

The twelve foundation stones laid to build the pillars of the heavenly city symbolize the breastplate of judgment that judged Israel. The Judgment Breastplate was divided into four rows, each row having one space. And on each jewel were the names of the twelve tribes engraved like a seal.

Then why was the judge's breastplate made at right angles? This shows that the 12 apostles, representing the 12 tribes of Israel, will be the basis of the Most Holy. Because the 12 apostles were given authority to judge the 12 tribes of Israel, they are expressed as the breastplate of judgment.

[Matthew 19:28] Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Therefore, the heavenly city that John saw was not an actual city, but the appearance of 144,000 people who had received the Holy Spirit of God. Therefore, we must receive the Holy Spirit in order to form the city in heaven. How, then, can we receive the Holy Spirit?

[Isaiah 59:20~21] "The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins," declares the LORD. "As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever," says the LORD.

To become the Lamb's wife, you must receive the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit will come upon those who repent. When you receive the Holy Spirit, it will be built like the city of Jerusalem in heaven.

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.