bible study

Chapter 48 Who is the woman in Revelation 12?
manager 21-09-25 22:56 4,279 hit

The book of Revelation testifies to the appearance of a woman and the son she bore, but who is this woman?

[Revelation 12:1~5] A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born. She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 

God showed me a woman wearing a crown of twelve stars. She was wearing the sun as her garment and treading on the moon with her feet. But after a while she gave birth to a baby. The child had power over the world with a rod of iron. A red dragon with seven heads and ten horns tried to kill the child, but the child was suddenly taken up into heaven. And the baby cast Satan out of heaven and down to earth. So what did this prophesy? The child the woman gave birth to was a prophecy of Jesus, and the child being taken up into heaven was a metaphor for the resurrection of Yehoshua. So who was the woman who gave birth to Yehoshua? To find out who she was, we need to study the words of Yehoshua. At the Last Supper, Yehoshua spoke of death and resurrection, but Yehoshua's disciples did not understand this. 

[John 16:16~18] "In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me." Some of his disciples said to one another, "What does he mean by saying, 'In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me,' and 'Because I am going to the Father'?" They kept asking, "What does he mean by 'a little while'? We don't understand what he is saying." 

The disciples did not understand Yehoshua's words. In response, Yehoshua spoke of his own death and resurrection through the parable of the woman in childbirth, and the contents are as follows. 

[John 16:19~22] Jesus saw that they wanted to ask him about this, so he said to them, "Are you asking one another what I meant when I said, 'In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me'? I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. 

When the month of childbirth comes, the mother is filled with worries about the pain of childbirth, but after the baby is born, the worries disappear and the joy of being with the baby overflows. Likewise, if Yehoshua died, her disciples would also grieve. But seeing the resurrected Yehoshua will dispel her worries and fill her with joy. To her disciples who did not understand her Yehoshua's resurrection, Yehoshua explained this through her parable of the woman in childbirth. 

The woman with the crown of twelve stars in Revelation 12:1 is a metaphor for the disciples, and the baby is a metaphor for Yehoshua, who appeared to the disciples after his resurrection. So giving birth to a child means that the Holy Spirit of Yehoshua has come upon them, and the saints who receive the Holy Spirit stomp on the head of Satan with the power of God, which is why the woman is depicted as having stomped on the moon, because Satan is represented as the moon that rules the night. 

[Psalms 110:1 ] The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. 

Therefore, the woman in Revelation 12 is the figure of the early church members who received the Holy Spirit of Yehoshua. 

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.