bible study

Chapter 49 Who is the red dragon in Revelation 12?
manager 21-09-25 22:56 4,702 hit

In Revelation 12:1, we see a pregnant woman wearing a crown of 12 stars. After some time, the woman gave birth to a baby. Next to the woman was a red dragon with seven heads and ten horns, and the dragon tried to kill the baby when the woman gave birth. But the baby suddenly ascended into heaven and cast Satan, who was in heaven, down to earth. So what does this mean? The pregnant woman is a figurative representation of the disciples and early church members who received the Holy Spirit of Yehoshua, and the child who ascended into heaven is a representation of Yehoshua ascending into heaven after his resurrection. So what was the identity of the red dragon that was trying to kill the baby? In this regard, the Bible testifies that 

[Revelation 12:3~5] Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born. She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 

A red dragon with seven heads and ten horns was waiting to kill the baby the woman gave birth to, but the baby didn't die. Instead, Joshua ascended to heaven and cast the red dragon out of heaven to earth, where it was identified as Satan.  Just as the red dragon, symbolized by Satan, was about to kill the baby, the Jewish priests killed Joshua on the cross. But Joshua did not die, but was resurrected and ascended into heaven, which was recorded as the baby ascending to the throne of God. Upon ascending to heaven, Yehoshua cast Satan from heaven to earth, which meant that Satan was completely expelled from heaven.  

[Revelation 12:7~9] And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. 

Cast out to the earth, Satan tried to kill the woman who gave birth to a man. However, this woman is not a real woman, but a comparison between the disciples who received the Holy Spirit of Yehoshua and the members of the Early Church. After the ascension of Yehoshua, the early church was constantly persecuted and killed by the Jews and Roman emperors, but they did not betray Yehoshua until they died. The saints did not betray Joshua and kept their faith by fighting the dragon. 

[Revelation 12:10~11] Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death. 

When the dragon realizes that he has been cast out of heaven, he continues to pursue and try to kill the woman, but she is protected by God for a year, two years, and half a year.

[Revelation 12:13~14] When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the desert, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent's reach. 

According to the above passage, the saints, who are likened to women, will be in hiding for three and a half years to avoid being chased by the dragon, which shows that they will be under Catholic authority for 1260 years. Since the Bible interprets a day as a year, three years and six months is 1260 days, which means 1260 years. After Satan was cast out of heaven, he entered the bodies of Jews and Roman emperors to torment the saints. He then organized a religious group called the Catholic Church to torment and kill God's people through the Inquisition and witch hunts for 1260 years. Catholicism created many doctrines and perverted the Word of God, which is why the Bible says that the dragon tried to kill the woman by spewing water out of her mouth like a river.

[Revelation 12:15] Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. 

The Catholic Church was in power for 1260 years, killing God's people through the Inquisition and witch hunts, and changing the Bible to create many doctrines. So the Bible testifies that the dragon vomited up rivers of water to kill the woman. When God's people receive the Holy Spirit, the water of life pours out of his mouth like a river. So the many waters that the dragon vomited up refer to the doctrines that Catholicism created. But the earth absorbs all of the river water that the dragon vomited up, which prophesies a group that fought against Catholicism.

[Revelation 12:16] But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 

So what is the land that swallowed the river water? It's referring to the Reformers who fought against Catholicism. The Reformers fought back when they refuted many of Catholicism's doctrines, which is why they swallowed the river water that the dragon spewed out. So the woman's remnant is referring to the Reformers who fought against Catholicism. 

[Revelation 12:16~17] This made the dragon terribly angry with the woman. So it started a war against the rest of her children. They are the people who obey God and are faithful to what Jesus did and taught. The dragon stood on the beach beside the sea. 

The red dragon with seven heads and ten horns that the Bible testifies to is Satan, who was in heaven for a long time, but after the resurrection of Jesus, his sin of trying to kill Jesus was exposed and he was cast out of heaven. He then came to earth and founded an organization called the Catholic Church to kill and harass God's people. But then the Reformers came along and fought against them, which the Bible describes as the woman's remaining children. The Bible depicts the Catholic Church as a seven-headed, ten-horned dragon identical to Satan, which Revelation 13 testifies to.

[Revelation 13:1~2] The dragon stood on the beach. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns ten crowns, and on each head a blasphemous name. The beast I saw was like his leopard, but his feet were like a bear, and his mouth like a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power, his throne, and great authority. 

John saw a beast coming up out of the sea, and its body was like a leopard's, its feet like a bear's, and its mouth like a lion's. But this beast is similar to the four beasts in Daniel 7. 

[Daniel 7:3~7] Four great beasts, each different from the others, came up out of the sea. "The first was like a lion, and it had the wings of an eagle. I watched until its wings were torn off and it was lifted from the ground so that it stood on two feet like a man, and the heart of a man was given to it. "And there before me was a second beast, which looked like a bear. It was raised up on one of its sides, and it had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. It was told, 'Get up and eat your fill of flesh!' "After that, I looked, and there before me was another beast, one that looked like a leopard. And on its back it had four wings like those of a bird. This beast had four heads, and it was given authority to rule. "After that, in my vision at night I looked, and there before me was a fourth beast—terrifying and frightening and very powerful. It had large iron teeth; it crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. It was different from all the former beasts, and it had ten horns. 

The four beasts that came up out of the sea were, first, a lion, second, a bear, third, a four-headed leopard, and fourth, a ten-horned dinosaur-like beast; but these beasts were not actual beasts, but prophetic of the ten kingdoms that had been divided from Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome, which were likened to beasts. Therefore, if you add up all the heads of the beasts, it is seven, and the last beast had ten horns on its head, making it a seven-headed and ten-horned beast.

So the seven-headed, ten-horned beast of Revelation 13:1 is a picture of ten nations divided between Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, and Rome. So why are these nations depicted as a composite monster? According to the Bible, these nations were controlled by Satan (an evil spirit).

[Daniel 10:20~21] Then the angel said: Now do you understand why I have come? Soon I must leave to fight against the guardian angel of Persia. Then after I have defeated him, the guardian angel of Greece will attack me. I will tell you what is written in The Book of Truth. But first, you must realize that no one except Michael, the guardian angel of Israel, is on my side. 

According to the Bible, Persia and Greece were ruled by evil angels who fought against Michael, Israel's guardian angel. Therefore, these nations were ruled by evil angels, and so was Babylon. Nebuchadnezzar, the king of Babylon, was actually controlled by Lucifer, the head of Satan.. 

[Isaiah 14:4~12] Then you will make fun of the King of Babylonia by singing this song: That cruel monster is done for! He won't attack us again. ....(12)How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 

Thus, the ten kingdoms that were established on earth-Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, and the ten kingdoms that broke away from Rome-were ruled by evil angels. The depiction of Satan as a composite monster with seven heads and ten horns is meant to tell us who Satan is: the seven angels of heaven and their ten subordinate angels who ruled from Babylon to Rome. 

Thus, the seven angels and their ten ministering angels, who are likened to Satan, sought to kill Jesus on earth, but Jesus ascended into heaven and banished them to earth. Satan then founded a religious organization called the Catholic Church, which killed and tormented God's people for 1260 years, and the depiction of them as seven heads and ten horns is to show that all of Satan's forces are gathered in the Catholic Church.

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.