bible study

Chapter 63 The Golden Censer and Prophecy in the Holy of Holies
manager 21-09-25 22:43 3,148 hit

In the earthly temple built by Moses, there was a golden censer in the Holy of Holies. This is the censer that the high priest burns to preserve his life when he enters the Holy of Holies. The high priest was required to burn incense in the censer when he entered the Holy of Holies, and if he did not do so, he was killed.

[Leviticus 16:12~13] He is to take a censer full of burning coals from the altar before the LORD and two handfuls of finely ground fragrant incense and take them behind the curtain. He is to put the incense on the fire before the LORD, and the smoke of the incense will conceal the atonement cover above the Testimony, so that he will not die

Therefore, the golden censer in the Holy of Holies refers to the censer for preserving the life of the high priest. But the temple on earth is a type and shadow of the temple in heaven. The heavenly temple that the Bible testifies to refers to Yehoshua and the saints. Just as the high priest covered the Most Holy and entered the Most Holy, so the saints must cover the Ark of the Covenant with incense to enter the Most Holy. However, the acting is not an actual performance, but a metaphorical expression of the prayers of the saints.

[Revelation 8:3~4] Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all the saints, on the golden altar before the throne. The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of the saints, went up before God from the angel's hand.

Just as the priest covered the ark of the covenant with incense and entered the Most Holy, the saints must pray a lot to enter the temple. Therefore, incense is compared to the prayers of saints. So, what kind of prayer should the saints pray? Church members today pray a lot to God. Let me go to heaven! Help me get into a good job. Help me make a lot of money. I offer these various prayers. However, the incense that is compared to the golden censer does not refer to such a prayer.

God gave the priesthood to the tribe of Levi, and among them, the service of the tabernacle (sanctuary and most holy place) was permitted only to Aaron and his immediate descendants. Dissatisfied with this, Korah, the great-grandson of Levi, and some of the priests incited Israel to revolt. So God made them stand in front of the tabernacle with a censer to punish them.

[Numbers 16:16~34] Moses said to Korah, "You and all your followers are to appear before the LORD tomorrow--you and they and Aaron. Each man is to take his censer and put incense in it--250 censers in all--and present it before the LORD. You and Aaron are to present your censers also." So each man took his censer, put fire and incense in it, and stood with Moses and Aaron at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting. When Korah had gathered all his followers in opposition to them at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting, the glory of the LORD appeared to the entire assembly When Korah had gathered all his followers in opposition to them at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting, the glory of the LORD appeared to the entire assembly.The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "Separate yourselves from this assembly so I can put an end to them at once." ....( 34)At their cries, all the Israelites around them fled, shouting, "The earth is going to swallow us too!" And fire came out from the LORD and consumed the 250 men who were offering the incense.

Korah and the priests who disobeyed the will of God, along with Moses and Aaron, burned incense in front of the tabernacle. But God killed Korah and 250 rebels. And God was going to kill all the Israelites who sympathized with them with a plague. So Moses and Aaron fell on their faces, begging God for forgiveness, and sent Aaron out among the people to burn incense. And he urged the people to repent.

[Numbers 16:45~49] Get away from this assembly so I can put an end to them at once." And they fell facedown. Then Moses said to Aaron, "Take your censer and put incense in it, along with fire from the altar, and hurry to the assembly to make atonement for them. Wrath has come out from the LORD; the plague has started." So Aaron did as Moses said, and ran into the midst of the assembly. The plague had already started among the people, but Aaron offered the incense and made atonement for them. He stood between the living and the dead, and the plague stopped. But 14,700 people died from the plague, in addition to those who had died because of Korah.

When disaster struck, Moses and Aaron took the censer and ran to the people. And he urged the people to repent. Because he knew that God was pleased with repentance. According to the earthly temple system, the high priest entered the Most Holy on the Day of Atonement once a year. The Day of Atonement is the feast of repentance and imputing sins to Satan. Therefore, the incense filled with the ark of the covenant in the Holy of Holies represents the prayers of repentance offered by the saints to God. This shows that repentant saints will enter the Most Holy and receive the Holy Spirit of God.

[Isaiah 59:20~21] "The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins," declares the LORD. "As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever," says the LORD.

Therefore, the golden censer in the temple on earth represents the prayers of repentance that the saints offer to God. 

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.