bible study

Chapter 81 The reason for abstaining from blood, from the strangled, and from fornication
manager 21-09-25 20:46 3,014 hit

In the New Testament, God's people were instructed to abstain from idolatry, blood, hanged animals, and fornication. While remaining in the Jewish nation, the gospel of God was preached to the Gentiles through the apostle Paul, but their indiscriminate practices caused much confusion in the church. Therefore, the apostles, guided by the Holy Spirit, established laws for the Gentiles to follow that prohibited idolatrous sacrifices, blood, hanged animals, and fornication.

If you look at the hundreds of laws derived from the Old Testament, you'll see a few things that God hates: idolatry and fornication. The story of the Israelites' destruction in the wilderness because they worshiped idols and committed fornication is a lesson for us today.

[1 Corinthians 10:6~11] Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did. Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: "The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in pagan revelry." We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did--and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died. ...(11) These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.

So what does it say about blood and slaughtered animals? Even before the law was given through Moses, God specifically emphasized that when we eat meat, we should not eat it with blood.

[Genesis 9:4] But life is in the blood, and you must not eat any meat that still has blood in it.

The reason He said not to eat meat with blood is because there is life in the blood, and He didn't give it as food, but as a life-saving atonement.

[Leviticus 17:10~11] And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people. For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

So when you killed an animal, you had to drain all the blood, spill it on the ground, and eat the meat, which is what God wanted you to do.

[Deuteronomy 12:23~25] Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh. Thou shalt not eat it; thou shalt pour it upon the earth as water. Thou shalt not eat it; that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, when thou shalt do that which is right in the sight of the LORD.

In the Bible, there are two main reasons why the Jewish nation was destroyed by Babylon: first, they broke God's laws, and second, they failed to practice love for their neighbors. So which laws did the Jewish nation break?

[Ezekiel 33:25~28] Wherefore say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Ye eat with the blood, and lift up your eyes toward your idols, and shed blood: and shall ye possess the land? Ye stand upon your sword, ye work abomination, and ye defile every one his neighbour's wife: and shall ye possess the land? Say thou thus unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; As I live, surely they that are in the wastes shall fall by the sword, and him that is in the open field will I give to the beasts to be devoured, and they that be in the forts and in the caves shall die of the pestilence. For I will lay the land most desolate, and the pomp of her strength shall cease; and the mountains of Israel shall be desolate, that none shall pass through.

The laws of God that the Jews did not keep were the eating of meat with blood, idolatry, and fornication with their neighbors' wives, which led to their destruction. The Church of God claims that the Jews were destroyed because they did not keep the Passover and the Sabbath, but this is not true. The Jews did keep the Sabbath and the feasts, but they were destroyed because they committed the above sins.

[Isaiah 1:13~15] Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them. And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood. 

If you look at the history of the law, there are three things that God hates the most: idolatry, blood, and fornication. So why does he tell us not to eat animals that have been hanged?

When eating meat, God commanded that all of the blood be poured out onto the ground and eaten, but animals that had been hanged had not had all of their blood drained out of them, so the blood had hardened into their flesh. Therefore, if you ate these animals, you would be eating their blood, which is why God commanded you not to eat these animals. The reason why God told us not to eat meat with blood in it is because it contains God's noble will to give life through blood. Joshua's blood did not end on the cross, but after his resurrection ascension, he came into the bodies of the saints with the Holy Spirit to complete redemption through blood.

Therefore, in order to make us realize the noble intentions of blood, He commanded us not to eat it, and this is the teaching that Christians should follow. Blood is not given for food, but to atone for sin and give life. So, should you eat sundaes and sundaes with blood in them? That should be left to your own beliefs.

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.