bible study

Chapter 82 What is Evangelism?
manager 21-09-25 20:45 3,017 hit

In order to expand their power, many religions in the world have created systematic evangelistic organizations and engage in large-scale proselytizing activities, such as knocking on doors disguised as seminary students or luring people to church photo exhibitions or concerts. To encourage evangelism, they organize large-scale evangelist launching ceremonies and evangelism fruit awards ceremonies to encourage believers to compete in evangelism, and they even offer space planets as prizes, promising to give one star to each recipient in heaven. But are their methods of evangelism biblical? Not at all. Yehoshua came to earth to evangelize, and he did so by healing the sick and casting out demons in various synagogues, but the reason he did this was to bring them to repentance.

[Matthew 11:20~21] Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not: Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Thus, biblical evangelism is the activity of bringing sinners to repentance, which is what Yehoshua came to do.

[Luke 5:32] I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

In the history of evangelism recorded in the Bible, it first began at the time of Noah, when God saved the righteous Noah and his children from a wicked world through evangelism, and later saved the righteous Lot and his two daughters through evangelism in the fallen cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. Later, between 750 and 550 BC, God sent many prophets to the nations of northern Israel and southern Judah to conduct a major evangelistic campaign, including Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel, but the Israelites rejected the prophets' evangelism, mocking them, accusing them, and even imprisoning them.

[Jeremiah 20:10] I heard the crowds whisper, "Everyone is afraid. Now's our chance to accuse Jeremiah!" All of my so-called friends are just waiting for me to make a mistake. They say, "Maybe Jeremiah can be tricked. Then we can overpower him and get even at last."

But among them were those who lamented over Israel's abominable deeds, and God saved them from judgment.

[Ezekiel 9:4~5] And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof. And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

So biblical evangelism is not about expanding the church, it's about waking people up to repentance. Even Yehoshua was hated by people for calling them to repentance.

[John 7:7] The people of this world cannot hate you. They hate me, because I tell them that they do evil things

In the Bible, salvation is not achieved by believing in God alone, but by receiving the Holy Spirit, which determines complete salvation, and in order to receive the Holy Spirit, we must repent. The Holy Spirit of God comes into the bodies of repentant believers and makes them one body with God, which is the secret of the Bible.

[Isaiah 59:20~21] "The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins," declares the LORD. "As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever," says the LORD.

Today, however, churches that do not know the true meaning of evangelism are engaged in expansionary wars to expand their power by recruiting a large number of evangelists, such as the Catholic Crusades. In the Bible, evangelism is a movement of repentance in which those who are grieved by the abominations in the church confront the wicked, and this is the first step to salvation. Therefore, those who want to be crowned with God must call for the repentance of the church and confront the wicked. 

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.