bible study

Chapter 84 The Secret of the Lord's Prayer
manager 21-09-25 20:43 3,291 hit

There are many people in the church who don't know how to pray. More than 70% of churchgoers go to church to receive physical blessings because they have been told that if they go to church, everything will be fine. Therefore, we can see that the majority of prayers in the church are for physical blessings. The other 30% or so go to church to get to heaven, but they are not praying spiritually because they do not know how to pray properly. This was the case 2,000 years ago, and Yehoshua gave instructions on how to pray for his followers.

[Matthew 6:9~13] "This, then, is how you should pray: " 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.'

Most people think of the prayers Yehoshua taught as physical prayers, but they are spiritual prayers, not physical prayers. Yehoshua came to this earth to raise the dead and heal many sick people so that they would believe what he said.

[Matthew 11:20 ] Then Jesus began to denounce the cities in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent.

Yehoshua did many mighty works, such as healing the sick and distributing physical food, but he did so in the hope that people would listen to him and repent. However, many people did not know the meaning of his words, so he spoke the following words to enlighten them.

[John 6:63] It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Therefore, the words that Yehoshua taught us are spiritual, not physical, and the prayers that He taught us are also spiritual prayers. The spiritual interpretation of the prayers that Yehoshua taught us is as follows.

1. "Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name" tells us that there is a Father, and the word Father refers to the Creator.

[Isaiah 64:8] But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

God, the Creator, has a name, and many believers know the Creator's name as Jehovah. However, this is a misunderstanding because they do not know the Bible. Jehovah is a first-person pronoun meaning "I" or "me" and is not the name of God. The God Jehovah in the earthly temple was a type and shadow of the heavenly temple, and the reality of the heavenly temple is Yehoshua. Therefore, the Creator's name is Yehoshua. Through the Bible, Yehoshua revealed that His name is the name of the Father.

[John 17:12] As long as I was with them, I kept and protected them in your name, which you gave me.

Joshua pointed to your name and testified that it was my Father's name given to me by my Father, which means that the name Joshua is the name of the Creator. Joshua's name was not given to him by Joseph and Mary, but by an angel of God. To this Jesus testified that it is my Father's name which the Father gave me; and he told me to pray in the name of the Creator.

[John 16:24] Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

2. He said, "Let that kingdom come," and the kingdom referred to here is the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God as testified to by the Bible is the saints who have received the Holy Spirit, and the saints who have received the Holy Spirit are the temple, nation, and church of God.

[1 Corinthians 3:16] Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.    

[Revelation 1:6] and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father--to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 

[1 Corinthians 1:2] To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ--their Lord and ours:

Therefore, when Jesus said to seek the kingdom of God, He meant to say to earnestly seek the coming of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit does not come in a visible way, and therefore the kingdom of God does not come in a visible way. Those who receive the Holy Spirit become the kingdom of God, and to receive the Holy Spirit, one must repent.

[Isaiah 59:20~21] "The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins," declares the LORD. "As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever," says the LORD.

3. "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven" is referring to the war against Satan. After Yehoshua's resurrection and ascension, He cast Satan from heaven to earth.

[Revelation 12:9] The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

After being cast out of heaven, Satan will have a final battle with God's people, which will send him into the lake of fire beneath the earth.

[Revelation 22:10] And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever

So when He said, "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven," He was referring to the eternal lake of fire in which Satan would be locked up.

4. When Jesus said, "Give us this day our daily bread," he was referring to spiritual food, not physical food. Yehoshua said that it is the spirit that quickens, and the flesh profits nothing, and that man shall not live by bread alone, but by the word of God. Therefore, we must seek our daily bread (the word of God), which is given through the Holy Spirit.

[John 3:34] For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

Those who have received the Holy Spirit are empowered by God's Word, which is refreshed daily, and sharing life's food is a way to show the love God has given us. Physical food is important, but spiritual food is even more important. The food that God gives is different from the food that the worldly church gives, and it is a living prophetic word.

[Isaiah 55:1~3] "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David.

5. When He said, "Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us," He was referring to the forgiveness of our brother's sins.

[Matthew 18:21~22] Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. 

It's a spiritual reminder that since God has forgiven us our sins, we should forgive our brother's sins. But who are our brothers and neighbors?

[Luke 10:29~37] But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?" In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.' "Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?" The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him." Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

6. When He said, "And lead us not into temptation," He was referring to the temptation of Yehoshua and Job by the devil. Yehoshua was tempted by the devil when he was led into the wilderness after the Holy Spirit came upon him, and Job was tempted by the devil when he was faithful to God's Word. But because the devil's temptation was so severe, He told us to pray that we would not be tempted. Those who pray and keep His Word will be delivered from the hour of temptation.

[Revelation 3:10]Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I will also keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon the whole world to try them that dwell on the earth.

7. When he said, "Deliver me from evil," he meant to remove the evil thoughts that come from the heart. It is the evil thoughts that come from the heart that defile a person.

[Matthew 15:18~21] But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

If you can't get rid of the evil thoughts in your heart, you're unclean and can't be saved, so you need to pray and ask God to remove the iniquity from your heart. Joshua gives the Holy Spirit to those who ask, and He washes away evil thoughts with the Word of God that He gives.

[Zechariah 13:1] In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

[Ezekiel 36:25~26] Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

The prayer Joshua taught is an important prayer for the salvation of souls, but the church today is not praying it properly because they don't know what it means. 

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.