bible study

Chapter 85 How to Serve God
manager 21-09-25 20:41 2,935 hit

God gave the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai, and the first commandment is: "You shall have no other gods before me". Believers in God must serve God alone because there is no savior except God. There are many gods and many lords in this world who call themselves gods, and each of them has followers who serve them. Therefore, God's people must realize exactly who God is and serve the true God.

[1 Corinthians 8:5-6] There are some who call themselves gods, but there are many gods and many lords in heaven and on earth. But we have only one God and His Father. This is through him and we are through him.

There are many gods and many lords in this world, so we need to fully realize who the true God is and serve Him alone. But how do we serve God? Should we kneel down and make offerings, like we do to the kings of the world? Does God want to be served by man?

[Acts 17:24~25] God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

The God who created the heavens and the earth does not want to be served by people. Just as people don't want to be served by ants, God doesn't want to be served by people. There's a difference between people's idea of service and God's idea of service, and Yehoshua said it best when he said

[Matthew 22:36~39] Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Yehoshua spoke of the Law in two main ways to show us how to serve God: first, to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind, and second, to love our neighbor as ourselves. So how do we serve God with all our heart and soul? Yehoshua said that the first and second commandments are the same, so if I love my neighbor as myself, I am fulfilling the first commandment of serving God. The world's idea of service is that you serve someone by submitting to them and worshiping them, but God's idea of service is to love your neighbor as yourself.

[Luke 22:24~26] And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest. And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

The kings of this world rule over their people, but the kings of God's kingdom must serve their people, which is how they serve God. So who are the kings of God's kingdom?

[Revelation 20:6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The kings who rule in the kingdom of God are the saved saints, so to be a priest like a king, you must be a servant, not a ruler.

[Matthew 25:31~46] When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

To look out for the needs of my neighbor is to serve God; but while this includes physical care, it is spiritual care that is more important. To distribute to the saints the word of God, which is spiritual food, is to love and serve God, as it is said that it is the spirit that makes life, and the flesh is futile.

[John 21:15~17] So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Yehoshua said, If you love me, feed my sheep, shepherd my flock, and feed my lambs. God has given the word of the water of life through the Holy Spirit to the saints to keep his people alive. Therefore, preaching the word of God is how we serve God and the saints. 

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.