Questions and Answers

What is the baptism that Jesus will receive again as witnessed in Luke 12?
manager 23-08-06 17:34 526 hit
이름 manager
이메일 master@domain.com
휴대폰번호

In Luke 12, Jesus says that He must be baptized again, but Jesus had already been baptized by John, so what baptism is Jesus talking about? The Church of God's interpretation of this is that Jesus will return in the flesh.

[Luke 12 :49~50] "I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed!

Jesus was baptized at age 30 and preached the word of God, which was likened to fire, but the people didn't believe him to be God, and neither did his disciples, so he had to be baptized again to keep the fire of the word alive, which was not an actual baptism, but a sign that he was going to die on the cross and enter the tomb.

Jesus became the Passover lamb and died on the cross, fulfilling a prophecy based on the actions of Moses. On the night of January 14th of the Jewish calendar, Moses and Israel had been freed from Egypt after celebrating Passover and were heading to the land of Canaan. They crossed the Red Sea and landed on dry land. But this was a foreshadowing of what Jesus would do.

So Moses and Israel's entry into the sea was a demonstration of Jesus' burial in the tomb, and his landing on dry land after the sea was a demonstration of his resurrection. But Paul pointed to Israel's entry into the Red Sea to testify that they had been baptized.

[ 1 Corinthians 10 :1~2] For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea.They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.

Moses and Israel's entry into the sea was fulfilled by Jesus' entry into the tomb, and their passage through the sea and landing on land was fulfilled by Jesus' resurrection. Therefore, the baptism that Jesus spoke of was associated with physical burial, that is, entering the tomb. When Jesus went into the tomb, was baptized, and rose again, he came to his disciples with the fiery Holy Spirit, and the disciples spoke with the fire of the Holy Spirit, completing the early church, which is why he said we should be baptized to keep the fire alive. The Church of God, however, does not know these secrets, which is why it insists that Jesus must return in the flesh and be baptized.

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.