Questions and Answers

Should we tithe to Melchizedek (Jesus)?
manager 23-08-05 07:38 499 hit
이름 manager
이메일 master@domain.com
휴대폰번호

The Church of Korea and the Church of God point to Melchizedek in the Book of Genesis to justify tithing. They claim that just as Abraham gave a tenth of his war booty to Melchizedek, all church members should tithe to God, but this is incorrect.

Melchizedek, as the Bible testifies, represents Jesus, and all believers who have received the Holy Spirit of Jesus are priests after the order and class of Melchizedek. Just as the Old Testament priests offered sacrifices to God with unblemished lambs, goats, and various grains, so the New Testament priests are to offer sacrifices to God, but not physical sacrifices, but the body and mind of the saints who have been transformed without spot or wrinkle.

[2 Corinthians 11:2~3] I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

[Romans 12:1~2] Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

[1 Peter 2:1~5] Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,...(5) you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

So while the priests of the Aaronic line offered physical sacrifices to God, the priests of the Melchizedek line are to offer not physical sacrifices, but the hearts of the saints, transformed without spot or blemish. When the saints, transformed by love, do good to their naked and hungry neighbors, this is a good offering to Melchizedek.

[Matthew 25:35~40] For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.