Questions and Answers

Old Covenant and New Covenant
manager 23-08-04 13:43 529 hit
이름 manager
이메일 master@domain.com
휴대폰번호

The Bible is divided into the Old Testament and the New Testament, with the Old Testament referring to the Ten Commandments given at Mount Sinai and the New Testament referring to the New Commandments given through the Holy Spirit. The Old Testament (Ten Commandments) is called the Law of Moses because it was given through Moses, and the New Testament (Holy Spirit) is called the Law of Christ because it was given by Jesus. God established the New Covenant because Israel did not keep the Old Covenant. The old covenant was written on stone tablets, but the new covenant is written on the hearts of the saints.

[Jeremiah 31:31~33] "The time is coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them, " declares the LORD. "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

So what specifically does the new covenant, given through the Holy Spirit, say? The old covenant was divided into two main parts: loving God and loving your neighbor, and the new covenant is the same. However, the old covenant was written on stone tablets, but the new covenant is written on the hearts of the saints. The new covenant that Jesus taught is the Sermon on the Mount, which is recorded in Matthew 5 through 7. But all the words Jesus spoke were not carnal, but spiritual, awakening the heart.

For Moses said in the old covenant that you shall not kill, but Jesus said that to hate one's brother is murder; and to look at a woman and lust after her is adultery. So these precepts do not awaken the flesh, but the heart. For a person's sins come from the heart, and unless the law is written on the heart, a person will sin.

So the old covenant, given through Moses, is the law of the flesh, written on paper, and the new covenant, given by Jesus, is the law of the Spirit, written on the heart. The law of Moses emphasizes sins of the flesh, while the law of Christ condemns sins of the heart. Thus, the New Covenant, to which the Bible testifies, is the coming of the Holy Spirit upon the saints to inscribe the word of God. Receiving the Holy Spirit is the New Covenant because those who receive the Holy Spirit keep the word of God's covenant.

[Isaiah 59:20~21] "The Redeemer will come to Zion, to the house of Jacob who repents of their sins," declares the Lord. This is my (new) covenant with them," says the Lord. "My Spirit that is on you and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your children, nor from the mouth of their descendants, from now on and forever." This is what the Lord says.

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.