Questions and Answers

Minutes of the June 1985 Extraordinary General Assembly of the Church of God, which separated from its headquarters church in Busan and established its own church in Seoul.
manager 23-07-30 22:29 1,112 hit
이름 manager
이메일 master@domain.com
휴대폰번호

On February 25, 1985, after the death of Ahnsahnghong Ahn, the leader of the Church of God, Kim Joo-cheol and Jang Gil-jah announced their separation from the Busan Church in order to become his successors. Eventually, Kim became the head of the church's General Assembly and Jang was elected Mother God. Below are the minutes of the General Assembly of the Church of God, which was established in Seoul after the break with the Busan Church. In the minutes, you can see the process of establishing Jang Gil-ja as the mother and the process of naming the church. 

Minutes of the 1985 Extraordinary General Conference

Name: Ahnsahnghong Witnesses of the Church of God

Place: 5 Dapsimni, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul, Korea

Date: Sunday, June 2, 1985, 12:00 p.m.

[Meeting begins]

At 12:00 noon, the Extraordinary General Assembly of the National Council of the Church of God was called to order.

Prayer by Rev. Joo Chul Kim, President of the General Assembly Rev. Joo Chul Kim, President of the General Assembly, delivered a sermon entitled "How to Pray in the Name of Ahnsahnghong".   

The morning service ended with a prayer by Elder Shinbong of Punggi Church.

*After the service, all executives had lunch. 13:00-14:00

The afternoon service was held in conjunction with the afternoon prayer time.

Following the morning service, the General President gave a sermon on the teachings of Ahnsahnghong Ahn, who taught about the Holy Spirit (Ahnsahnghong) and the Bride (Gilja Jang).

The afternoon service concluded with a prayer by Rev. Joo xihyun of Seoul Church.

*After the service, an extraordinary general assembly meeting was held.

Secretary of the Provisional Assembly, Evangelist Seung Rak Kim (Seoul Church) was appointed by the President of the Assembly.

Preached on the issue of praying in Ahnsahnghong's name

General President: I officially declare that I will pray in the name of Ahn Sang-hong from now on.

General President: I canonically recognize the Holy Spirit and the Bride and proclaim that Evangelist Jang Gil-jah is the Bride. If so, please share your good thoughts on the naming issue.

000 evangelists: Since she is the mother of our spirit, why don't we call her "Spirit Mother"?

Elder Joo xihyun: I think it would be better to call her 'Mother' because she is represented as a mother in the Bible, and it would be weird to call her Young Mother because she is called by other cults.

Elder Park: It seems natural to call her mother, as the Bible says.

Evangelist Jongbok Choi: It seems to me that the word "mother" is something that, in our carnal minds, we would find awkward and strange to introduce to newcomers or to people outside of the church.

General President: I'm going to ask you to give us a name that we can call you outside of church that won't sound weird or awkward.

Evangelist Jongbok Choi: I think it's better to call it whatever is appropriate at the time than to have a specific word for it.

All: That would be great.

General President: If so, you may call each other whatever you see fit outside of church, in addition to the official title of "Mother.

*About the Bylaws

General President: In order to focus on the work of evangelism and not be distracted by minor problems within the denomination, it seems necessary to change the "Articles of Incorporation" to handle denominational affairs in a strong and prompt manner. Please review the current Articles of Incorporation and present the items that need to be changed.

*Article 1 About the name of the church 

000Pastor: Let's call it the Church of God Ahnsahnghong Witnesses. Just as the apostles were witnesses in the name of Jesus, we are to be witnesses for Ahnsahnghong.

000 elder: If you look at our church brochure, the first name is the Jesus Witnesses of the Church of God, now let's call it the Ahnsahnghong Witnesses of the Church of God.

Elder Heung Kook Noh: The current name was given to the church by  Ahnsahnghong Ahn, so it should be called the New Covenant Passover Church of God in keeping.

Elders Shin Sun Bong: Let us call it the church of the Holy Spirit and the bride..

Elder Shihyun Zhu: Why don't we call it the Church of God Ahnsahnghong.

We have one more announcement from Elder Shin Sung-bong. Let's call him Ahnsahnghong Adventist Church of God.

General President: Then we will call ourselves the Ahnsahnghong Witnesses of the Church of God.

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.