Questions and Answers

Extraordinary meeting of the Elders of the Church of God convened to pursue registration of the church with the Ministry of Culture (Minutes of January 1985).
manager 23-07-30 15:10 817 hit
이름 manager
이메일 master@domain.com
휴대폰번호

The following are the minutes of an extraordinary general meeting convened to register the church with the Ministry of Culture. In order to register his church with the Ministry of Culture, Ahn Sang-hong of the Church of God recruited Shin Hyun-jeong, a Protestant pastor, as a promotional committee member. However, when he was scammed by Shin, Ahn was deeply shocked and went silent for a while, as if he was depressed. Then, he suffered a stroke and was taken to Maryknoll Hospital in Busan, where he died on February 25. 

According to the minutes of the meeting, Jang Gil-ja and Evangelist Kim Joo-cheol were appointed as the mission director and service director to organize the General Assembly, and the headquarters church in Busan was also planned to be temporarily moved to Seoul, but it was put on hold due to fraud. However, the Church of God is falsely claiming to its members that Ahn Sang-hong moved the General Assembly headquarters to Seoul for Jang Gil-ja. They say that Ahnsahnghong told them that Seoul, where his mother is, would be the general headquarters from now on, but the minutes of the meeting show that they were only moving it temporarily to register the church. Jang Gil-ja and Kim Joo-cheol are good at lying, so we need to be careful. 

[Meeting Minutes]

Date: January 10, 1985, 10 a.m.

Place: Seoul Church of God

Attendees: Prophet Ahn Sang-hong, President Yoon Yeo-yong, Elder Chu Ju-Xihyun , Elder Shin Seung-bong, Elder Noh Heung-kook, Elder Lee Sun-dong, Elder Yoon Yeo-jip, Evangelist Lee 00, Evangelist Lee Ji-won, Evangelist Kim Joo-cheol, Evangelist Choi 00, Evangelist Park 00, Evangelist Kim Jung-rak, Evangelist Lee Kang-min, Deacon Jung 00

Observer : Pastor Shin Hyun Chong 

Clerk: Jiwon Lee

We held the opening worship service of the Extraordinary General Assembly.

After singing hymn 545, moderated by Evangelist Kim Joo-cheol of Seoul Church, and following an earnest prayer by Ahn Sang-hong, he gave words of exhortation, asking us to be diligent and loyal to God's truth, to fulfill our mission, not to be lazy, and to be diligent in small things so that we may be rewarded by the Lord. (Luke 10:10, Matthew 25:21) After singing hymn 573 as the last hymn, the opening service ended with the Lord's Prayer.

*Opening* Declaration by the President of the General Assembly

As the meeting proceeded smoothly, Evangelist Lee Ji-won of the Busan Church was appointed as the temporary secretary of the Extraordinary General Assembly. She spoke about the meaning and reason for holding the extraordinary general assembly, emphasizing the need for the long-awaited "denominational registration issue."

General President: I think that the things that our church has been thinking about as a long-awaited project will be accomplished sooner or later. However, among the things that have not helped us to register the church so far, we need to improve and select the general president first. In that regard, I would like to briefly listen to Rev. Shin's words first.

Pastor Xin: In the Church of God, we have a general president and a founder, and we need to decide on one.

Elder Zhu: Then shouldn't our church's general president be Dr. Ahnsahnghong?

Evangelist Jiwon Lee: If Dr. Ahnsahnghong is going to be the president of the General Assembly, I think it would be good to hear the opinions of the elders and evangelists before making a decision.

General President: Let's leave the work plan for later, and first of all, how do we decide who can work on the denomination registration issue?

Elder ShiHyun Joo : I recommend Rev. Hyunjong Shin as the person in charge of denominational registration issues for the Church of God because he told me everything about denominational registration issues and administration.

*Dissent*.

Elder Shin Seung-bong: I like the idea, but I disagree because it seems to follow the Old Testament law.

Elder Lee: You're saying you're against putting it in the government, but since it's been our longtime desire and wish, we can't refuse Rev. Shin's promise, can we? I agree because as long as we live in the system, we have to obey the system.

Mr. President: Does anybody else have any comments?

Evangelist Park Jung-won: I am in favor.

Elder Eunsoo Lee: I'm in favor.

General President: How many people do you think the number should be?

Pastor Hyun-Jong Shin: The more churches, the better, and the more people, the better.

Evangelist Eunsoo Lee: What is performance reporting?

Pastor Hyunjong Shin: It's how many pastors and evangelists have been produced.

Elder Shin: Are there any problems (with false documents)?

Ahn, Sanghong: Shin is worried about later problems, but right now we're talking about denominational registration, so we should talk about that.

Evangelist Ji-Won Lee: Pastor Shin, you've been giving us some specifics about what the Church of God should do and how to manage our affairs, but I'd like to ask you to tell us again about the required documents.

Pastor Hyunjong Shin: 1) 2 founding letters 2) Articles of Incorporation 3) Minutes of the General Assembly 4) List of officers (Presidency) General President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Evangelism, Mission, Service, Youth, and Women's Bureau (resume attached) 5) Report on the status of the church (location and address), pastors, elders, and evangelists, 6) Status of branch churches (how many churches in the region, how many pastors, how many evangelists, how many believers) 7) Status of each affiliated institution (publishing house, seminary 50~100 (seminary) pastors, institutions that train evangelists) 8) Pastoral plan (worship status) (during the year) 9) List of staff (pastors. Evangelist) (Resume) 10) List of seals (seal requirement) (Identification card, foreign departure) (Ministry of Education)

Elder Noh: The teacher's truth has been around for 20 years and we have not been able to tie up this registration issue, but now we have to decide this issue for the sake of the teacher and we have to follow it, so I am in favor.

Elder Yoon Yeo-jip: I agree with Elder Zhu.

Evangelist Ji-won Lee: I agree with Elder Zhu's proposal because I think that making Rev. Shin the head of our church's denominational registration is the way for the Church of God to systematically spread the truth of the New Covenant.

Evangelist Lee Kang-min: I agree.

Evangelist Joongrak Kim: I agree.

Evangelist Joo Chul Kim: I agree.

General President:  One person was against it, but everyone else was in favor of Rev. Shin taking on the church registration issue, so it was decided that Rev. Shin would do it, but he shouldn't do it alone, one person should do it, any suggestions?

Elder Joo : How about one person each from Seoul and Busan, so that in Busan, Evangelist Lee Ji-won can work with you, and in Seoul, Evangelist Kim Joo-cheol can work with you?

Evangelist Kim Joo-cheol: What's it like for Elder Shin to work with Pastor Shin?

Ahn, Sanghong: Elder Zhu should be in charge, but I think it would be better if Evangelist Lee Ji-won for Busan and Evangelist Kim Joo-cheol for Seoul.

General President: Elder Joo Hyun Chu has been appointed as the head of denominational registration matters, and Evangelist Lee Ji-won in Busan and Evangelist Kim Joo-cheol in Seoul. Are there any objections?

*No objection

General President: Please give us your opinion to determine whether we should be formalizing or simplifying the worker.

Evangelist Park Jung-won: Why don't we make it simple according to the actual situation of our church?

Ahn, Sanghong: I think it's better to put them all on the document, because anyone would want their name on it.

Elder Noh Hung-kook: Isn't it necessary to include them all in order to prove it?

Evangelist Eunsoo Lee: If you have a seminary, doesn't it have anything to do with the number?

Pastor Hyunjong Shin: It doesn't matter what the number is, but we have to show that we have such an institution and that we are educating like this.

General President: What should we do about the Articles of Incorporation?

Evangelist Kim Joo-cheol: Why don't we delegate the articles of incorporation to the working group and leave the necessary documents to the working group as needed?

Pastor Hyun-Jong Shin: As Evangelist. Kim said, it shouldn't be like that. The articles of incorporation should be in the national style. Even if it doesn't, there should be a pastor at every angle.

General President: then I think we should make the articles of incorporation and take it to the next general assembly and decide, and I think the issue of who is a pastor and who is an evangelist will not come out properly, so I think we should make the articles of incorporation that suits our situation and take it to the next general assembly and decide, but for now, please tell me what you want to call the church.

Evangelist Eunsoo Lee: What if the headquarters church is called the Church of God and the local churches are called the Church of God according to the name of the region?

Pastor Hyun-Jong Shin: The registered name should be one name, that is, the name of the national church denomination. When we say the Church of God, we don't see it as a church, we see it as a group of churches.

Evangelist Lee Ji-won: Then why don't we call the organization "Passover New Covenant Church of God"?

Ahn, Sanghong: "Passover New Covenant Church of God" or "New Covenant Passover Church of God" would have to be chosen.

General President: Then, since there are no other opinions, we will choose one of these two names as the name of our church.

Ahn, Sanghong: "New Covenant Passover Church of God" sounds a little better, so why don't we go with that?

General President: do you have any objection to the remarks of Mr. Ahn?

*No objection

General President: Since everyone agreed, the name "New Covenant Passover Church of God" was decided.

It was 12:56 when the morning meeting ended with a prayer by the General President.

[Lunch]

At 1:40 p.m., the meeting was called to order by the President of the General Assembly and continued with the singing of Hymn 266 and a prayer by Elder Xihyun Joo of Seoul Church.

[Organization of the General Assembly]

(General President): Prophet Ahnsahnghong <Unanimous>.

(Vice President): Nominated (Xihyun Joo) -> Evangelist Yoon Yeo-Yong (7), Nominated (Yoon Yeo-Yong) -> Elder Xihyun Joo (3), Nominated (Lee Sun-Dong) -> Elder Shin Seung-Bong (1)

General President: Evangelist Yoon Yeo Yong became the vice president with 7 votes.

(Secretary): Elder Sun-dong Lee -> Elder Joo-hyun Ju (unanimous)

General President: Unanimously elect Elder Jihyun Joo for Secretary.

(Secretary): Nominated (Eunsoo Lee) -> Jiwon Lee (4), Nominated (Sundong Lee) -> Joochul Kim (1), Nominated (Yeoyong Yoon) -> Jungrak Kim (6)

Evangelist Kim Jung-rak, who received 6 votes, was elected as the Secretary of the General Assembly.

(Accounting): Nominated (Joo Chul Kim) -> Jiwon Lee (3), Nominated (Jiwon Lee) -> Choi Jong-bok (9)

General President: The treasurer of the General Assembly is Evangelist Choi Jong-bok, who received 9 votes.

(Mission Director): Recommendation (Kim Joo-cheol) -> Evangelist Eun-soo Lee(4), Recommendation (Eun-soo Lee) -> Evangelist Kim Joo-cheol(8)

General President: The mission director became Evangelist Joo Chul Kim.

(Education Director): Nomination (Sun Dong Lee) -> Evangelist Insoo Lee

General President: By unanimous vote, Evangelist Insoo Lee has been appointed as the Director of Education.

(Social Service Bureau): Nomination (Joo Chul Kim) -> Evangelist Gilza Jang

General President: By unanimous consent, Evangelist Jang Gil-ja is appointed as the Director of Social Service.

(Youth Director): Nomination (Eunsoo Lee) -> Evangelist Jungwon Park.

General President: Evangelist Park has become the Youth Director.

This is how the organization of the General Conference is set up, with each bureau and president elected. Now, if there is anything else you would like to say, please do.

Elder Jihyun Joo:  Pastor Hyun-jong Shin is recommended by the Assembly of Elders to be the preaching minister of the New Covenant Church of God.

General President: What is your opinion?

*All in favor of Elder Juhyeon's opinion

Elder Jihyun Joo: Then, since you have approved Rev. Shin as your senior pastor, you must be baptized anew.

Evangelist Jiwon Lee: I would like to ask Rev. Hyun Jong Shin if he can be baptized and officially work as a minister of the Church of God.

Pastor Hyun-Jong Shin: We will help the Church of God become one denomination, one theology, and we will receive it when it is organized. Please wait until March 22nd. 

Elder Shin: The Bible says that you don't know what happens in one day, and Jesus said, "Let the dead bury the dead, and you follow me." So after this moment, you don't know what the devil will come in and give you.

Pastor Hyunjong Shin: I hope you can understand a little bit.

Ahn, Sanghong: Then we will give you a grace period until March 22nd.

General President: You have a pastor, but we don't have a pastor, so what should we do?

Elder Jihyun Joo : Why don't we let Dr. Ahn decide who will be the pastor at this General Assembly?

Pastor Hyun-jong Shin: We need to nominate and train them quickly.

Elder Lee: Even if we don't nominate him now, it will take about a month for all the documents to be ready, but isn't it possible to do it even after the documents are ready?

Ahn, Sanghong: The appointment of a pastor will be decided at the next General Assembly. And one thing is missing, the location of the General Assembly headquarters.

Elder Xihyun Joo: Then I will formally propose that the headquarters of the General Assembly has been in Busan until now, but why don't we make Seoul the headquarters in the future?

Ahn, Sanghong: Isn't it possible to have the headquarters in Seoul and work in Busan?

Pastor Hyun-Jong Shin: I think Seoul is better because it's closer in terms of distance even if an audit comes, but it doesn't matter if it's in Busan or Seoul.

GeneralPresident:: I would like to move that the headquarters of the General Assembly be in Seoul. Is there any objection to this?

*No objection

The General Assembly closed with a prayer by the President.

Check out these resources  http://godnara.egreef.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=07_01&wr_id=467 

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.