Questions and Answers

Minutes of the 1983 General Assembly of the Church of God (dismissal of Evangelist Uhm Soo-in, salary of Evangelist Jang Gil-jah)
manager 23-07-29 10:35 774 hit
이름 manager
이메일 master@domain.com
휴대폰번호

The following are the minutes of the 1983 General Council of the Church of God. The agenda of the meeting was the dismissal of Evangelist Uhm Soo-in and the salary of Evangelist Jang Gil-ja. At this meeting, Evangelist Uhm Soo-in, who claimed to be a bride of God, was dismissed from the church. There were also many comments about the salary of Evangelist Jang Gil-ja. Many people complained about the 80% increase in his salary from 1982 to 1983. Jang's salary is about 4,000,000 won in today's dollars, and Pastor Ahn's salary is about 10,000,000 won in today's dollars. The minutes of the meeting show that most of the church's income was spent on the salaries of the executives. 

Minutes of the 1983 General Council of the Church of God 

Title : General Assembly of the Church of God

Place : 829, 10, U1-dong, Haeundae-gu, Busan, Korea

Date : March 15~16, 1983, 10:00 a.m.

Attending members:  23.

[Opening]

When the time came, we entered the worship service of thanksgiving to God with meditative prayer led by Elder Lee Sun-dong. All the members stood up and sang Hymn 4 (The New Hymnal) with grateful hearts. Dr. Ahnsahnghong Ahn led the church by God's providence last year (82) and blessed it this year (83). The whole church prayed earnestly that they would obey the teachings of Rev. Ahnsahnghong and become workers of the gospel of the New Covenant, and that they would be loyal servants as witnesses of Jesus and build up the church of God.

After the prayer, the elder sat down with the saints.

In his opening remarks, the president thanked God and asked that the upcoming '83 session be dedicated to the revival of the church and to all good order. He also proposed the election of a temporary secretary to record the minutes of the '83 session.

Rev. Ahnsahnghong Ahn and the General Presiding Pastor nominated Jiwon Lee to be the recording secretary for the meeting.

Upon motion of all present, Rev. Ji-won Lee was unanimously approved.

After a brief greeting from the Secretary of the General Assembly, the financial statements for '82 and the budget for '83 were presented.

[State of the Church Report]

*Busan Church Report

Elder Sun-dong Lee said that by the grace of God last year (82), all the members of the church endeavored to preach the gospel, but it was not as expected, and he apologized for not being able to give satisfaction to the General Assembly, and said that in 83 he would be loyal to the mission that each member received.

Number of new Baptists in 1982 - 35

Total current membership - 194

Total Tithing - KRW 6,111,700 won

And that's it.

*Seongnam Church Report

Evangelist Lee Ji-won gave thanks to God and the saints.

Number of new believers in 1982 - 34

Current total number of members - 102

Total Tithing Amount - KRW 1,491,000

And that's it.

*Ulsan Church Report

A Brief Greeting from Rev. Jong Tae Ahn (abridged)

New members in 1982 - 9

Current Total Members - 24

Total Tithing - 2,027,000 KRW

This concludes the report.

*Report from Gwangan Church

Evangelist Umsuin gave a greeting to the General Assembly. 

New Baptists in 82 - 48 people

Current total members - 105

Total amount of tithes - 6,203,219 KRW

This concludes the report.

*Pohang Church Report

The Pohang Church reported that 2,166,800 won in tithes was sent to the headquarters church by Evangelist Park Jung-won, and that there were 4 baptisms and about 30 members.

*Suncheon Church Report

The report from Suncheon Church was given by Evangelist Park Kook-ja (Kim Joo-cheol's mom), who reported that the tithe was 1,417,500 won, there were 12 baptized, and the total number of members was about 15.

*Gwangju Church Report

The Gwangju church status report was given by Evangelist Park Kook-ja (Kim Joo-cheol's mom), who visited Gwangju and taught the truth, and reported the tithe amount of the Gwangju church as 105,000 won, the number of baptisms as 7, and the total number of members as 15.

*Jindo Church Report

Evangelist Noh Yong-nam reported the status of Jindo Church, tithing amount of 176,130 won, total number of members around 13, and no baptisms.

*Seoul Church Report

Evangelist Eunsoo Lee gave a report on the status of the Seoul church, and reported that the amount of tithes was 4,777,000 won, the total number of members was 132, and the number of baptized was 47.

*Punggi Church Report

Elder Shin Sun-bong gave the status report of Punggi Church and reported that the tithe was 2,415,000 won, the total number of members was 81, and the number of baptized was 29.

*Hadong Church Report

Elder Choi Jong-min reported that the tithing was 742,500 won, there were no baptized members, and the total number of members was 8.

*Masan Church Report

Masan Church reported that Evangelist Joo Chul Kim gave 619,300 won in tithing, 15 people in total, and 7 baptized.

*Report from Yeosu Church

Yeosu Church reported that Evangelist Janghee Lee gave 120,300 won in tithes, with a total of 4 people and 3 baptized.

*Namwon Church Report

Namwon Church is led by Evangelist Park Kook-ja (Kim Joo-cheol's mom), with a tithe of 20,000won and a total of 3 baptisms.

*Treasurer's Report: Remarks by Rev. Jang Hee Lee, General Conference Treasurer

If there are no objections to the overall report of the 1982 General Assembly Treasurer, I will call for a vote.Let's decide if there are no objections to the overall report of the '82 General Assembly accounts.

Elder Park: Let's decide if there are no objections to the '82 financial statements.

President : Shall we agree that there are no objections to the '82 financial statements?

Motion: Elder Tae-Su Park

Seconded: Elder Choi Jong-min

Decision: Unanimously passed

[Suggestions]

Evangelist Janghee Lee: I think we should prepare a safe for the General Assembly.

Elder Choi Jong-min: Since we are not a big church and do not keep a lot of money, isn't it necessary?

Elder Sun-dong Lee: We always keep cash in the bank and withdraw it as needed, so I don't think we need a big safe.

Evangelist Janghee Lee : I said that we keep the clerk's accounting books rather than cash.

Punggi Church: Punggi Church has no clergy compared to the large area of Danyang, Jecheon, and Punggi, so please designate a clergy member.

Ahn Sang-hong: If I had to choose an elder who is a bit older and more conscientious, it would be Elder Shin.

Elder Shin: I never work for a salary.

Seoul Church (led by Kim Joo-cheol): Please explain the towel issue that Rev. Uhm Soo-in mentioned.

Ulsan Church: The Ulsan Church has nothing to say, and will speak according to the situation.

Jindo Church: Jindo Church also has nothing to say, but we ask for your prayers and attention.

['83 Budget]

General Presiding Pastor: except as determined in special meetings Each branch church budget will be decided by each branch church.

Masan Church: to send 1.5 million won from the General Assembly reserve.

Motion: Elder Choi Jong-min proposed and Rev. Ahn Sang-hong seconded.

Gwangju Church: Gwangju Church also decided to send KRW 1.5 million.

Motion: Evangelist Jiwon Lee Seconded: Elder Jongmin Choi

Seongnam Church: Seongnam Church will send KRW 1.8 million to KRW 1 million.

Motion: Evangelist Eunsoo Lee Seconded: Elder Tae-Su Park

Jindo Church: Evangelist Park Kook-ja from Suncheon will visit Jindo Church once in June and once in August, and we will send 20,000 won for travel expenses.

Agree: Moderator Proposal: Rev. Ahn Sang-hong

[Electing Church Officers]

Church elders, evangelists, and deacons

Busan Church: Won Kwang Woo, Do Yeol Byun, Young Geun Park, Minja Kim, Young Sook Do, Sun Ho Lee, Wol Ah Choi,

Seo Ok-kyung, Lee Seok-bok, Ha Kyung-taek

Gwangan Church:  Myungok Park, Shinok Kim, Mija Gong

Seoul Church:  Jonghyun Kim, Younghoon Jung, Kangmin Lee, Kyuhun Cho

Youngho Kim, Jungran Kim, Manhyuk Im, Doeun Byun

Seongnam Church:  Sunye Kim ,Jung Heo ,Sangyeon Ahn

Hadong Church: Choi Jong-min

Punggi Church: Oklim Jung, Palsu Bae

Masan Church: Youngchul Park, Jinsoon Ahn

[Staff Discussion]

Elder Choi Jong-min: Last year, Evangelist Uhm Soo-in was followed by Evangelist Lee Eun-soo, but why did the order change this year?

Pastor Ahnsahnghong: Evangelist Uhm Soo-in and Evangelist Lee Eun-soo preached in the same environment, so their salaries were the same.

Elder Choi: But why are the salaries of Eun-soo Lee and Ji-won Lee different?

Ahn Sang-hong: Elder Lee has two children and started his ministry two years earlier, so there should be some difference between him and Elder Lee Ji-won to make it equitable.

Elder Park Tae-soo: Why was Evangelist Park Kook-ja from Suncheon given 10,000 won less?

Ahn Sang-hong: When Rev. Park first went down to Suncheon from Pohang, he asked his son, Mr. Kim Joo-cheol, to help the youth. Elder Choi Jong-min: Why did Rev. Jang Gil-ja in Seoul suddenly get an 80,000 won increase?

Elder Ju-Hyun Chu (Jang's cousin): As Seoul is growing rapidly, we set his salary so that he can evangelize more actively in the future, and it is true that Evangelist Jang Gil-ja has reaped a great harvest by converting many people.

Evangelist Lee Jang-hee: I don't think we can say whether we are good at evangelism, only God knows, but I think (Jang's salary) has gone up too high.

[Agenda]

Eun-Soo Lee: An evangelist from Umsuin is calling and claiming that it is biblically correct to remove a woman's towel in a worship ceremony. I would like some clarification on this.

Umsuin: It is true that I told him to take off his towel.

Elder Park: Please tell me why I should take off my towel.

Umsuin:: Women argued that it costs money to buy a towel, so they should take it off to save money.

Ahn Sang-hong: If you read 1 Corinthians (chapter 11), it says that women should wear a towel. It is a duty for women to wear a towel.

Motion: Elder Park: The scripturally unsupported suggestion to save money by taking off the towel is an unrepentant statement and should be appropriately disciplined. I move to disfellowship the elder.

Proposal: Rev. Sanghong Ahn and others

*The General Assembly has determined that the towel and bride issue (as alleged by Mr. Uhm) is unwarranted and will vote to disfellowship Mr. Uhm.

19 present

Favor disfellowshipping (11) Disfavor disfellowshipping (4)

Don't know (4)

This makes us a majority, so we'll remove Evangelist Umm from the church.

The time being past 5:30 p.m., the meeting is adjourned with a prayer by the President.

Links to related resources  http://godnara.egreef.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=07_01&wr_id=465 

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.