Questions and Answers

Church of God members made more than 30,000 calls to Wonju City Hall to protest the building permit.
manager 23-07-19 13:08 871 hit
이름 manager
이메일 master@domain.com
휴대폰번호

Related Links https://n.news.naver.com/mnews/article/079/0002836168?sid=103 

[CBS News reporter Song Ju-yeol].

[Anchor]

The city of Wonju is being disrupted by relay phone calls from alleged members of the Church of God.

The calls are protesting Wonju's rejection of the Church of God's application for a rezoning to a religious facility. Over 30,000 calls were received in three days.

Reporter Song Ju-yeol reports.

[Report]

The Church of God, which has been declared a heresy by the major denominations of the Korean church, is planning to purchase the LH building in Won-dong, Wonju, Gangwon Province, and turn it into a religious facility.

However, the city of Wonju rejected the Church of God's application to change the use of the building to a religious facility, considering traffic problems and public opinion.

However, since the 30th of this month, the Wonju City Hall has been receiving numerous protest calls from alleged Church of God members.

Repeated calls to various departments of Wonju City Hall questioning the city's decision to deny building permits have made it impossible to conduct normal city business.

On average, 7,000 complaint calls are received per day, and on the 30th and 31st of last month alone, 35,000 protest calls were received.

[transcript] Church of God member

"The city hall told me that they rejected the Church of God. I heard the reason, but I don't understand it."

Members of the church even visited the city hall to demand a meeting with the mayor.

Wonju city officials are responding to the protests as best they can without inconveniencing other civil affairs.

However, they are complaining that it is impossible to conduct normal business due to the protests that have continued for several days.

[Interview] Wonju City Hall Official

"I know that 35,000 calls came in on the first day, and 100 calls came in during my one-hour lunch break, so after half a day, there were 300 to 500 calls."

The Church of God, which has been at odds with local residents over the construction of a religious facility since last year, has once again stirred up the local community, this time with an organized protest against Wonju City.

I'm Joo-Yeol Song, CBS News.

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.