Questions and Answers

The Reality of the Church of God as I Saw It
manager 23-07-17 15:06 871 hit
이름 manager
이메일 master@domain.com
휴대폰번호

1. Saints who have lost faith since 2013

A woman I know is still a member of the church, but she says she was only active until high school. By active, she means worship, meetings, presentations, etc. But in her 20s, she stopped believing in God at all, let alone the leader of the Church of God, and when she got to college, she enjoyed drinking, playing, and dating with her friends. But she still attends church services now. When I asked her why, she said it was to find healing and a quiet place to meditate. 

2. A saint who was doing a lot of overseas evangelism plummeted in faith.

I was a hard-working saint in the student council since I was in junior high school. There was a sister who was a district leader at the time and was working even harder than me. He was two years older than me, and he was treated like a celebrity because he did a lot of overseas evangelism and his church was small. But suddenly he stopped coming to church, and later he said he didn't know if God existed. His faith had cooled. It was strange.

3. Female member's sudden loss of faith

Similarly, a female member deepened her faith after serving a mission overseas. She used to criticize me for not coming to meetings because she was busy studying for college exams, but after that, she stopped coming to church and only came once a year for Passover.

4. A very devout female evangelist has left the church.

The area I attend isn't very large, so female evangelists seem to stand out. I had an evangelist couple who were very devout, prayed a lot from the pulpit, and could count their church positions on three fingers, suddenly stop showing up for services. They weren't even wearing their usual suits, and it turned out they had quit the church.

5. Declining membership

I left the Church of God in 2019. At that time, the number of church members in the area I attended decreased, and the church seats were empty. The church has two floors, so the first floor was full and the first floor was also full. The first floor and second floor were originally full, and the second floor was also full. The first floor had elders, women, young people, and students, and the second floor had elementary school students. But one day, as the congregants started to leave one by one, we were confused by the number of empty seats on the first floor. Eventually, the elementary school students on the second floor took the seats of the youth and students, and there was no one on the second floor. Married women in particular have seen a significant drop in attendance.

6. The most faithful young woman in your youth group

When I was a student, there was a girl with good faith who was voted as the representative. Her mother was an evangelist and she had good faith, so she played the piano for a few years and won an award as the representative of Chungcheong Province. If you look at her Instagram now, you can see her enjoying wine, carrying a luxury bag, and going on dates with her boyfriend. I remember failing the national examination for medical recorder and neglecting the church from then on. I don't know why, but there were a lot of dropouts in the church as a whole, and after the corona crisis, the image of the church became so bad that many people refused to even hand out a flyer.

I thought it was strange that people's faith was cooling off all at once instead of slowly, and I don't know if this happened in other parts of the country, but I went to a national youth rally and the moderator was chastising people about why everyone was withering away, so it seemed like the disease of faith had spread across the country.

Latter Rain Holy Spirit Kingdom of God

COPYRIGHT (C) GODNARA. All RIGHTS RESERVED.